Capacity Development of Emergency Response Teams (ERT) on Humanitarian Standards for Effective Response
The main objective of the event is to familiarize ERT with the many components of humanitarian response in their work. The other objectives include:
- familiarizing participants with existing humanitarian standards
- explaining the importance of humanitarian principles is emergency response;
- differentiating between the humanitarian principles of humanity, impartiality, independence and neutrality;
- familiarizing participants with nine commitments of the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and explain how each contributes to the delivery of a quality humanitarian response;
- sharing good practice drawn from their own experience and more widely from the sector;
- familiarizing participants with application of CHS in key humanitarian sectors.
The participants are expected to be more knowledgeable on the following matters: adequate knowledge about CHS, shared inputs on humanitarian principles for implementation of emergency response, sensitized on nine commitments of the CHS for delivery of a quality humanitarian response, and acquainted with the application of CHS in key humanitarian sectors.